We would like to inform you that A. V. Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery will be holding an International Conference on Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery and Surgical Arrhythmology (AMICS2017) that will gather leading specialists from Russia, USA and Western Europe.
This year the conference will be dedicated to the most important event in the history of Russian cardiothoracic surgery - the 60th anniversary of the first successful open-heart surgery in the USSR that was performed by A. A. Vishnevsky in our institution.
We invite you and all concerned specialists (surgeons, endovascular surgeons, cardiologists, anesthesiologists, perfusionists, resuscitation experts, radiologists) to take part in our forum. The focus of the event is to show achievements and advances in the field of cardiovascular surgery from the first successful operations to the present days.
The covered fields include:
- History of cardiothoracic surgery in Russia
- Innovations in cardiovascular surgery
- The most relevant issues of surgical arrhythmology
- Modern approaches to surgical treatment of complex cardiac surgical pathologies and atrial fibrillation
- Minimally invasive cardiothoracic surgery
- Myocardial revascularization: the tactics and practical approaches
- Plastic repair and reconstruction of mitral valve
- Reconstruction of aortic root and aortic valve
- Endovascular surgical treatment of structural heart diseases
- Hybrid technologies in cardiovascular surgery
- Modern anesthesiological and perfusion technologies in cardiac surgery
Program of the conference will include talks, interactive discussions, reviews of clinical cases, and live streaming of the operations with real-time comments from the experts. Importantly, our event aims to revive the inter-disciplinary approach that characterizes Russian surgery. Presentation of the advanced experience and discussion of efficacy of various surgical techniques will help us address issues of the patients with cardiovascular pathologies.
We will be happy to receive your remarks and suggestions on the topics of discussion and your participation in the conference.
Co-chairs of the conference – A. Sh. Revishvili and J. Cox,
Executive secretary – V. A. Popov
The international committee includes D. Adams, G. Dreyfus, R. Damiano, K. Plestis, A. Cribie and other world experts.
Director of the
Federal State Budgetary Institution
A. V. Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery,
Chief Surgical Officer of the Ministry
of Health of the Russian Federation,
Academician of the
Russian Academy of Science
A. Sh. Revishvili